Thursday, April 9, 2009

It may not seem like it at first but this entry is about how Michael Ian Black might be the funniest man alive

I tweeted... yesterday. it was something that I have feared was coming for a long time, but I felt that I really had to do it. I broke down and joined twitter...

The morning radio show that I dearly love has been wretched from the airwaves. It came right after the show had taken a vacation to go to Disney world, so at first I didn't realize the show had actually be cancelled, but when the vacation started to roll into it's 2ND week I began to fear for the worst... and then yesterday when they played a commercial (during the time when the morning show should have been on ) making fun of morning radio talk shows and saying how great it is that live 105 doesn't have one of those, the reality sunk in like a lead weight through a bubble bath. The Woody Show was over.

They had taken the website for the morning show off of the radio's website and google didn't have much info, but in the weeks leading up to the tragic death of my morning show, the host of the show and his cohorts had been talking about their twitter accounts, and since I am the type of person who enjoys reality TV, and therefore has become accustomed to knowing all the details of the lives of the complete strangers that are broadcast to me, I had to know what had happened to the radio personalities that had brought me so much laughter and joy on so many cold/wet mornings as I rode my bike to work... so the second I got into my office yesterday I went online and signed up for twitter and tracked down these radio people and found out that they had been fired over some legal issue which they could not discuss until lawyers were done sorting it out... so that was pretty disappointing... but i figured since I'd already taken the plunge and joined twitter I might as well look around....

I didn't know who's tweets to follow so I decided to just check out who my radio peeps were following... and one of them happened to be following Michael Ian Black, who I knew from such things as "I love the..." on VH1 and random movies like "wet hot American summer" and anyway, I've always thought he was funny and cute so I put him on my "following" list... and within 3 tweets I realized that he was even funnier than I had originally thought...

so I followed a link he had tweeted to the website for his blog, http://michaelianblack.typepad.com/blog/musings/ , and I read his blog entry about writing for a TV show... and it made me chuckle on the inside... so I started reading more stuff on his website... and it made me LOLAW (laugh out loud at work... I'm pretty sure I'm not the first you use that acronym but I'm the first person I know and it has a nice ring to it i think...) and I hardly ever laugh at work, but I could not contain myself... that guy is funny... I am super stoked that he will have a new show on Comedy Central this summer... although I am not going to count my chickens or anything 'cause I watched a couple episodes of his last show on Comedy Central, "Stella" and either it was horribly unfunny or I just totally didn't get it... none the less Michael Ian Black seems to have mastered the art of blogging and twittering and that in turn has filled about 5 or 6 of my otherwise empty minutes at work with laughter and happiness, so I'm pretty grateful for that! Maybe I won't be so bored next winter during the slow moving season... and maybe I'll be slacking off on http://michaelianblack.typepad.com/blog/musings/ a little too much this summer during the winter moving season... only time will tell I guess.

No comments: